Thursday, October 8, 2015

Why I'm not an "Aspirational" Blogger


source

But first, if you're looking for some aspirational bloggers, here's a list of my favorites:

Atlantic-Pacific
Could I have that
Damsel in Dior
eat.sleep.wear
Extra Petite
Five Five Fabulous
Lingered Upon
Sincerely Jules
Viva Luxury
WishWishWish

Most style and fashion blogs you see out there feature bloggers posing around a beautiful city in beautiful clothes.  As a style/fashion-lover, I've tried a couple times to write some posts that feature the clothes I was wearing.  However I quickly discovered 2 very important things: 1) I'm not a talented model and 2) my husband is not a talented photographer.  And so instead I've focused on flat lays (which visually appeal to me and I can execute on my own) and also on providing good guides/tips/reviews on the products that I purchase.  In this way I hope to be a resource for people who are looking to purchase but want to do their research first (I on the other hand am more of a "pull the trigger quick and return it if it doesn't work" kind of girl).  And in the end I'm happy to have gone this route because I've realized that as much as I like to look at aspirational blogs, these markets are fully saturated.  And in the end, the point of clothes is not to just look good and prance around a city for "editorial shots" but rather to feel like you look good so that you can conquer the world in whatever your ambition drives you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment