Friday, October 23, 2015

What's been going on with me lately (aka why there are no new posts for over a week)!


It's been almost 1 full week since my last post,  and I feel like if I don't keep up with the posts my SEO will suffer.  In all reality though I don't think I would lose that many readers since most of my readers are first timers who stumble upon my blog while searching for reviews (thanks Google Analytics).  So, of course it would be much better for me to just chill and produce quality content instead of just fillers.  But I get anxious and feel the itch to blog.  So I guess that's what this outlet is for.  It seems like I have 7 readers somewhat consistently reading, so hello THE (as in Temporary Housewifey Extras) 7.  Hopefully you find this whole side project interesting enough to read!

So what has been going on with me?  Well my maternal grandmother is in the hospital in Tokyo, so I was away for 5 days to visit her.  It's always hard to find the appropriate response when people ask me how she is.  To be frank, she is not doing well at all.  But I always feel like I need to temper this news with a "well she's 94" as if her old age allows it to be somewhat acceptable that she's suffering in a hospital bed.  I mean at the end of life, it's not really about the quantity, its about the quality of life right?  But its hard to let go when she still seems alert and like herself (but she can't talk because she has a feeding tube, or breath without another tube).  Is this what end of life means?  Having your body function as long as possible?

Sorry to get all heavy on you there.  These are just things that have been clattering around in my head for awhile.  I still have class on Tuesday and Thursday nights, so I've been doing some work for that (P.S. If you're wondering if General Assembly is worth your money and time, I would say yes it is).  And then two days after coming back from Tokyo, I was flying out again.  This time it was to Vegas.  It's a bit of a trip going from a somber hospital bed in Tokyo one Saturday night to Omnia Nightclub in Caesar's Palace the next Saturday.  But the trip was really fun and I got to spend time with some amazing friends.  And then I had a great time with a close friend who was staying with us.  And then I had to take my dog to the vet (long story short, he's been "coned" but he's fine).


With all that going on along with jet lag and Las Vegas-not-sleeping-jet-lag, I've been out of sorts lately. And it's taking me awhile to get back to my regular routine (well as much of a routine as a temporary housewife has).  But hopefully next week I'll be back with new Everlane reviews (I'm finally going to finish the Everlane Fall 2015 Sweater Review), some other interesting posts, some new flat lays for Insta, and some exciting news on what's going on with the Temporary Housewifey next year (spoiler: We're planning to move!).

No comments:

Post a Comment